• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know who to contact to make payment arrangements with IRS?

We normally get refunds but we tried to avoid bankruptcy this year and had to default on a 401K loan. The penalties killed us and we owe money. I plan to get a second job to pay it off quick but want to contact them before they call.

Any help would be appreciated.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (3)
  • go to www.irs.gov they have numbers and addresses there

    Answer by NicholeAT at 5:10 PM on May. 15, 2009

  • I strongly recommend going in to an IRS office. You are more likely to get a reduction in penalties and interest.

    Answer by rkoloms at 5:49 PM on May. 15, 2009

  • There should be a collections number on their website. I owed, well stil owed and had to stop paying because both my husband and I got laid off. IRS is actually pretty reasonable in working with you, I live in AZ and we pay state taxes here, if you owe they want the money like yesterday, the state won't work with you at all!

    Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:50 PM on May. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.