How do I chuck up my preemies?

Well... just one of them. Wesley is so skinny and Evan is getting a little tubby. What can I do to try and get Wes to gain a couple pounds? They both eat the same stuff but Wes tends to eat just a little less. Pediasure? IDK?!?!

megababies

Asked by megababies at 5:10 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• steak?? lol Just joking. I have a friend that has a micropremie who is now 9. His brother is about 14 months younger than him, and a little taller and chunckier. My friend has tried everything in the book! He is just small. You could try Ensure. They use that at hospitals.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 5:14 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Kids come in all shapes and sizes; If he is achieving developmental milestones and has a normal activitty level, You probably have nothing to worry about.
    Make sure that your kids eat a variety of healthy foods; lots of fruits and veggies in different colors; lots of whole grains and beans. Avocado is great for getting good fats into kids; a hardboiled egg mixed with hummus and a drizzle of flax oil is great, too; tofu cubes are a great toddler snack, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:18 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I guess I should CHUNK correctly...
    megababies

Answer by megababies at 5:26 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Don't expect them to be even closer in weight to babies their age until they are in atleast kindergarten. If theya re healthy the weights they are and have gained well there is no reason to work on chunking them up.

Avacado is high in calories, add olive oil to food, flax seed will help too....try to avoid giving fried foods, butter, etc to just give them bad fats...
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 11:19 AM on May. 16, 2009