How can I help my baby to feel better?

I took my 20 month old daughter to the doctor this morning she has strep throat, she's vomiting and running fever. I have tried to give her popcicles, applesause, peadilyte, and jello but nothing is helping numb her throat. Can anyone give me some advice of how to help her feel better? Please reply back asap.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Steam maybe? A steam bath might feel good. Also, some ibprofin might help with the swelling and pain. Good Luck
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:19 PM on May. 15, 2009

• if the stuff you are doing is not helping, unfortunately there isn't much else you can do except wait for the antibiotics to work. I am so sorry she is feeling so bad. I know how much it hurts you to not be able to comfort her. OH, you can try giving her a sippy cup with ice ice water. that worked for my son.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 5:20 PM on May. 15, 2009

• try some baby tylenol to help with the pain
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 6:22 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Ive had strep..alot sense i was young. The meds should make her feel better in 2 to 3 days at the most. If she keeps getting it she should get her tonsels out..(I cant spell lol) because it will continue to get worse...Hope she feels better, and you may want to let her suck on ice as well..
    moodymommy193

Answer by moodymommy193 at 6:35 PM on May. 15, 2009