How do you know if you are pregnant while breastfeeding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• maggiemom2000 it actually isn't that rare. It happens all the time. Your body is much for fertile in the months following childbirth. True, for some women breastfeeding keeps their body from ovulating. But studies (and real life) have shown that most woman can very well get pregnant while ebf and not had a period yet.
    As for OP take a test. Look for pregnancy signs and go to dr if you are unsure.
    Anonymous

• You take a test.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:38 PM on May. 15, 2009

• pregnancy symptoms... a positive hpt.....
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 5:39 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I was breastfeeding my son and was pregnant, I knew I was because of how I was feeling. I found out when I was about 4 weeks along. The Dr said he never knew anyone to know their body so well. I told him I knew I was pregnant at least 2 weeks before the ultrasound. My last 2 boys are 13 months apart. (sept 5, 2002, and October 5, 2003.)
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:41 PM on May. 15, 2009

• If your baby is less than 6 months old, you are breastfeeding exclusively, and have not yet had a period, then it is VERY unlikely you can be pregnant.
    Most moms have at least one period before getting pregnant, even when baby is older, but the older the baby, the more likely you won't have a "warning menses".
    If you think you are, then you have to take a test!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:43 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Granted my daughter was 15 months old, but I had a single period when she was 15 months old then NOTHING. That was in November.

I have a history of periods that don't come frequently or regularly so I didn't give it another thought. I know it only takes ONE ovulation to get pregnant, but with polycystic ovarian disorder I rarely ovulate.

Anyway, in late January I was so tired all the time and it had been 2 months since that period, so I decided to just go ahead and take a test. Might as well get it out of the way right? Well, It was positive!! :o And now I'm 6 months pregnant and still nursing my other baby too. They will be 24 months apart.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 6:44 PM on May. 15, 2009