How much CS do you think would be fair?

For two children that are not in school yet, but go to daycare and for a mom with no bills what amount do you think is fair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on May. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• $60. a week
    Anonymous

• It depends on how much the mother and the father both make. 'Fair' is a loose term, because everyone's circumstances vary.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:57 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Depends on the kids' ages. If under 1 then $500 a month for that child, if over one then $300 plus 50% of daycare on each
    Anonymous

• well lets say that the father makes about 2000 a month and the mom doesnt work but goes to school part time
    Anonymous

• Way to many factors to throw out a figure--depends on what both parents make, who pays for medical coverage for the children, what the visitation schedule is. For daycare, I think the easiest would be to write that it is split 50/50. In my state (WA) it can be either included as an extra in the CS payment or paid directly to the provider by each parent.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 6:01 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I would say 800/month. I get 650.00 for 2 but he's always behind and doesn't provide ins, and they don't go to daycare/preschool. They are school age.
    Anonymous

• op- the mom doesnt pay any bills though so does that make a difference? She would like to try and get at least 1500 a month from him
    Anonymous

• I'm a little confused. He makes 2,000 a month and she wants to take 1,500 from him? That's absurd. If child support goes through the courts, it doesn't matter. They put numbers into a formula and come out with the child support amount.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 6:09 PM on May. 15, 2009

• i agree with funnyface, there are too many fators. my ex makes A LOT. so i get A LOT. i dont get as much as i should but because he didnt want to submit the "discovery" on his hidden income i get 1000.00 a month, he pays 100% medical (vision & dental too), 50% of school expenses and clothing bought for my DD. we settled out of court. if you have to go to court, depending on where u live, his cs payments will be based off his income, your too. and that is all you can do. the payments are usually worked in with daycare expenses. i hope i have helped. good luck!
    Anonymous

• Depends on the state you live in. Most states have a recommended percentage of income for CS. Google it for your state.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 6:59 PM on May. 15, 2009