The Jumparounds?

For those mothers that allow their toddlers to watch Noggin. There are no commercials on the channels but they have little shorts between programs and they have a little musical group called the Jumparounds. It is made up of four teenagers, and while the music is positive and upbeat it reminds me of High School High, or Camp Rock. I understand that Noggin is part of Nick, but it is annoying to see something that is obviously for older children being played on a station for toddlers. Does this bother anyone else, or am I just being uptight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on May. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• that song gets on my nerves- it doesnt have anything to do with me thinking its not positive or anything for my kids but more for the fact that they play it a million and one times a day- do they really have to have that song in between every last show? omg!!! but if it wasnt on so much i would probably think it was cuter- especially since my kids love it so much
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:50 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I don't have toddlers and it annoys my 5 and 6 yr olds,lol We were just talking about this yesterday. That they look goofy jumping and singing on TV at that age.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:01 PM on May. 15, 2009

• i don't like it just b/c it is stupid
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:01 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I don't like the whole High School Musical, Hannah Montana obsession with 4 and 5 year olds. I think it's weird, and inappropriate.

The Jumparounds don't bug me too much, because all they do is sing and dance. If they had more of a show going on with it, then I think it'd bother me.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 6:02 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I freakin hate that song and my husband started singing that song in bed last night! It was kind of funny.
    Anonymous

• Well I guess there is actually going to be a show. I was on parents connect. They plan on airing it on Nick Jr for sure. It is supposed to be about kids at a music school that help out each other about real life problems and teach kids about music appreciation. I probably will just not let DD watch it when it is on. I think there are other shows on that station that are more age appropriate and teach music appreciation a lot better than some deranged cheerleaders. Besides, what is up with the white kid rapping (badly!). lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on May. 16, 2009