Lap Band/Realize Band Procedure

I am interested in knowing if any of the CafeMoms know about the Lap Band/Realize Band Procedure. At one time I started the Program of Gastric Bypass, but my Insurance said they didn't pay for that anymore. So I was just wondering if any Moms out there also know of any Diet Programs or anything that would be of interest concerning Weight Loss. I cant afford Nutra System, Jenny Craig, etc, etc.Thanks for your help. BeautifulMom327

beautifulmom327

Asked by beautifulmom327 at 6:00 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• What ever happened to good ole exercise and eating healthier?
    Anonymous

• Some people are very very overweight and face numerous health problems. For them, the issue is getting the weight off as quickly as possible...and sometimes, they don't have months to wait, as it would take months with excersise and sensible eating.

Besides, if she qualifies for gastric bypass, then obviously there's a need for it. They don't just let ANYONE have it.

The thing you have to realize is that DIETS DON'T WORK- just like Weight Watchers says. You really have to reprogram yourself and the way you think about food and excersise. Its about choosing a healthier lifestyle, and that doesn't necessarily mean a long long list of 'don'ts'. With any kind of program or regemine, you have to be determined and STAY CONSISTANT for the 1-3 months it may take to actually start seeing results. A lot of people give up in those first 3 months.

Learn your body. A lot of times, you can gain control of your weight issues with a
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:25 PM on May. 15, 2009

• (continued)

little observation. Like, myself, for instance: Its really not even about WHAT I eat, but HOW MUCH I eat. I can pretty much eat anything I like, but I start to pack on the pounds when I eat too much and when my portion sizes are too large. I eat on small dinner plates, only have one helping, and drink lots of water (even though I don't particularly care for water).

I make deals with myself and reward myself: For instance, if I drink 5 10-oz glasses of water a day, I get to eat _____ or do ______. If I walk everyday this week, I get to buy myself _______. And its guilt-free BECAUSE I EARNED IT. I tend to try to reward myself with non-food treats though, but I DO, or I decide to enjoy something that's not exactly healthy, I ENJOY EVERY SINGLE MOMENT AND DON'T FEEL GUILTY ABOUT IT. By doing this, you'll tend NOT to overindulge.

Learn the good vs. bad for you foods. Come up with compromises.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:30 PM on May. 15, 2009

• (continued).

Don't deprive yourself. Reward yourself for working hard, and push yourself when you don't. I know this didn't have a whole lot to do with your original question of lapband surgery, but I just thought I'd throw it in there- that's how I got back control of my weight after 2 pregnancies.

Goodluck sweetie!
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:31 PM on May. 15, 2009

• "What ever happened to good ole exercise and eating healthier? "

You again! Well, I've had the lap band placement and I eat healthy and exercise. It's the same thing, but the band just helps you to eat very small portions. That's it...the work is done by me and I am damn proud of the weight I've lost with my helpful tool. It's the most I've lost ever dieting. Yes, surgery doesn't make you skinny...it's the work you do after that makes you lose the weight.

Grow up and do some research before you bash something. You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. You HAVE to do the 'eat healthy and good old fashioned exercise' in order for the lap band to be a success.

God, it kills me that people think you get off the operating table and you're skinny or something. So stupid.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:52 AM on May. 16, 2009