How should I deal with our families meeting?

No matter what my boyfriend and I are going to be together. But Im not sure if there will be conflict with our families when they meet. I have already been made to feel lesser than his educated have of the family and not important to the other few that I have meant. My family will not take this lightly..and thats what Im dreding. How can this be made into a pleasent expirence because Im sure my family has there issues as well..

moodymommy193

Asked by moodymommy193 at 6:01 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• ...good luck.
    i wish i could offer some help or something. But i dont think there is much you can do.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:10 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Why must they meet? My Mom is not at all fond of my husbands parents. The only times they are in the same place at the same time is an occaisional wedding and funerals. Why go through it if you already know it's a problem?
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:13 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Probably because there is a kid on the way. All you can do is be yourselves. No matter how sweet you all are, if someone doesn't like you, they're not going to like you. You just need to worry about your little corner of the world with your boyfriend and child, the rest is par for the course.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:49 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Yeah we have a kid on the way...lol...I like the "own little world" thanks
    moodymommy193

Answer by moodymommy193 at 6:54 PM on May. 15, 2009

• what kind of meeting? Large family gathering or small or engagement party or what? I wouldn't sweat it. They will go home later and you'll be fine

Answer by admckenzie at 7:03 PM on May. 15, 2009