my bf has been checking my text messages

my bf has been checking my text messages i don't have anything to hide but I do find it very disturbing. the only reason i found out is that we had dinner with my friend and he said something to her that I didn't tell him but was saved on my phone as a text. we've been together 2 years. He also stopped arguing with me about things that we usually disagree about. am I just paranoid or do i have a legitimate gripe.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• if he doesnt pay your cell phone bill he has no right to even touch it...end of story.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 6:16 PM on May. 15, 2009

• If you have nothing to hide, why be upset that he is checking your messages? Let him check. I do.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:11 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Do you check his
    Anonymous

• agree with first two answers. if you were suspicious of him wouldn't you check? if you've nothing to hide don't worry. it's actually reasssuring to him.
    Anonymous

• It's BS. It doesn't matter that you have nothing to hide. It is a matter of personal privacy. Going into someones phone is the same as going through their wallet. Trust is imperative in a relationship. If he has suspcions about something he needs to grow a pair and have a conversation with you instead of being a slimy sneak
    Anonymous

• i don't check his phone out of respect for his privacy. He could at least respect mine.
    Anonymous

• A lot of times men who are cheaters accuse their women of the behavior to take the heat off themselves. See what he has to hide, start checking his texts if he won't let you then you have your answer to if he is cheating or not.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:23 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I have been cheated n twice and both of them accused me with no valid reason and started acting very weird by checking emails and listening in on my phone conversations, showing up at work to "surprise" me etc.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:00 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I'd be thrilled if mine cared enough to look! lol
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't want anyone checking my texts or emails. I don't have anything to hide but that doesn't mean that i want someone snooping. Have you asked him about it? It is possible that he doesn't see anything wrong with it, not that it makes it ok, but it might be a reason.
    r2mommy

Answer by r2mommy at 7:45 PM on May. 15, 2009