brest feed babbies

my 3 week old baby girl is pucking up every time i feed her. i keep her proped up at least an hour after i feed her. is there anything els i can do. i do not know what to do because my outher daughter never did this. help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• do you burp her half way through the feeding?

And a little spit up is normal.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:13 PM on May. 15, 2009

• i was worried too when my son starting spitting up a lot too...his dr said it was normal and if i was worried about it to feed smaller amounts more frequently and to burp more often
    mlmartinez

Answer by mlmartinez at 6:15 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Try the burping more frequently first, but it might be something in your diet bothering your baby
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:16 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Try burping more often as others suggested and if that doesn't help then track your food and maybe try an eliminiation diet since something you are eating could be bothering her. Dairy is a big one (and formula will make it worse) so cut that out for a week or so and see if it helps.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:20 PM on May. 15, 2009

• My Grammy loves to tell the story of my father spitting up every time he was fed. He was lactose intolerant so she had to cut dairy out of her diet completely.
    I have to agree w/ the PP, try an elimination diet and see if something you're eating is affecting her. Good luck!
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 6:23 PM on May. 15, 2009

• It could be overactive letdown, does she seem to gaga when your milk letdowns, does she let go often while nursing, when she does does your milk spray? If you answered yes to any of these try block feeding...thats 2-3 feedings from one breast with only hand expressing from the other breast for comfort...this should help alot
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 6:51 PM on May. 15, 2009

• You could have an oversupply of milk and/or an overactive let down. They get too much milk too fast. Check out Oversupply

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:05 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I have an overactive let down and it doesn't cause puking but she does choke and coughs..i solved it by pumping before i nurse her. If it isn't that it could be something in your diet, the only way to figure that out is by eliminating things from your diet and see if it helps.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:48 AM on May. 19, 2009