Largest region of Catholics

Can anyone tell me what regions in the United States have large Catholic population? We are moving with a couple of options, I want to keep the family in a Catholic region.
I tried google already there is a lot of information that is confusing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• what are your options?
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 6:22 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Aren't there catholic churches everywhere?
    Anonymous

• Texas(Denton), Eastern Ks, Oka OK, Dakota and NY (but NO way do i want to move to NY NY)
    Anonymous

• There are not Catholic Churches everyone, my cousin moved last year and must travel more than an hour to get to a Catholic Church on the weekends. Eventually they just quit going and I do not want my children to grow up without the moral guidance the Church can help me teach my children.
    Anonymous

• go to http://www.catholic.org/maps/ and type in the city and state and it will let you know if there are churches in the area.

LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 6:37 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I think Catholic, I think Boston!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:38 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I believe NY and Boston are big Catholic areas (don't quote me on it...LOL...)
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:45 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I don't know about the US but in Canada that would be in Quebec.  You would get free health care but you would have to speak french.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:56 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Boston and Chicago are the first places that come to mind here. I've lived in Chicago most of my life and there are Catholic churches every few blocks (there are about 6 in a 5 mile radius of my house...all with schools attached to them). The closest is 3 blocks away and my kids go to school there even though we aren't Catholic. Most of my neighbors (like 75% of them) are Catholic.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:03 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Southern Louisiana (Baton Rouge & Lafayette) both have HUGE Catholic populations. we were there for Mardi Gras & the whole town shuts down. fast food restaurants have Lent menus.

i live in OKC & it is a very Christian metro. there are churches EVERYWHERE, but not specifically Catholic ones. Dowtown OKC has a large Catholic population, but you prolly wouldnt want to live downtown. Oklahomans call themselves the buckle of the Bible belt & the attitude here is pretty Christian, but mostly Protestant. i know you didnt ask, but the cost of living here is a LOT lower than most places in the US.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 7:06 PM on May. 15, 2009