i was asked yesterday but i have a new symptom to add (lol)

i've ben debating on wether or not to call my doctors to come in because i have an appoitment next week.. but yesterday i was on here and i was talking about how i had lost my mucous plug,having false labor,and pelvic floor pains.. well today was diareah and i have ben exauhsted. i read on the computer that is another indicator that i will be going into labor soon.. im almost 37 weeks. should i call and go in early? i just dont want to get my hopes up and there be nothing happening.lol

want2bamommy780

Asked by want2bamommy780 at 6:24 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What's the reason to call the doctor? There's really no point until you are in labor. There's no reason to check to see if you are in labor or be checked a bunch of times. If you have contractions in a consistent pattern and are 5-7 min apart..t.hen call
    Anonymous

• diarrhea is a common cause for your body to expel anything before you go into labor so it doesnt happen while in labor. could be a sign its labor soon, or could have eaten someting bad etc... i would still call dr though
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 6:29 PM on May. 15, 2009

• If you want to call, then do it. Labor can take days or weeks to progress, but since you're 37 weeks, you may already be on the way to the hospital as I type this. :)
    I personally would call my OB and let him know what's going on and ease my mind a little. It's possibly he'll do an examine and let you know how dilated you are, etc. Maybe you'll start getting some good contractions in the office! VERY exciting!
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 6:29 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Wait it out, no need to go in
    Anonymous

• it could be any day now or weeks from now. just call if you experience contractions 5-1-1 or if your water breaks.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 8:43 PM on May. 15, 2009