bday party ideas?

my son will be 3 in december.. i know it's still a while away but im trying to start coming up with ideas now. he really only has 2 friends his age and the rest of the people are adults. how can i make this party fun for both adults AND children?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 6:26 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• who cares about the adults??? this is about your son and having fun on his birthday, you cant make everyone happy...just concentrate on maling him happy. in the end that is all that matters.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 6:27 PM on May. 15, 2009

• We did adult games at my daughter's 1st party. 1st game was I had everyone answer a bunch of questions, then I did cards with some of the answers and distributed them to random people. First 3 people to guess who they had won a prize. It was a great ice breaker b/c there were friends, family, extended family, etc.
    2nd game was balloon towers. The kids liked that one too. I appointed two team captains and had them choose 3 teammates. I did not tell them what the game was. Once the teams were decided on I handed each team captain a bag of balloons and a couple rolls of cheapo Target tape. Then I gave the rules: Team with the highest freestanding tower made of balloons and tape only wins. Measurements from base to top. It was HILARIOUS! There was a 10 minute time limit and they really got into it. The kids were little, but they got to pop the balloons or play with them afterwards.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 6:33 PM on May. 15, 2009

• For 3 year old games, try the old classic Duck Game. Rubber Duckies in a tub with numbers and each number corresponds to a prize. Easy, cheap,works for small or large number of kids and everyone wins and can keep his/her duck. Another game, draw the birthday boy/girl. Birthday Boy/Girl gets to pick the winner, but everyone gets a prize, you can do this with adults too.
    Rather than having a 'theme' maybe go with a color theme that way you aren't stuck with certain characters or you can use as many characters as you want. that fit your colors.

AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 6:38 PM on May. 15, 2009

• The old pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey is always fun, even for the adults. You put it on the kids' level which makes it more difficult for the adults. It's fun to watch! I would do red construction paper circles with tape on the back to stick to a reindeer cut-out since it's in Dec.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 6:51 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Let him pick it my dd will be 3 in September and I let her pick the theme
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:39 PM on May. 15, 2009