How do I over come my depression?

I am a 16 teen your old that is 4months pregnant. I am scared and alone. I didn't get an abortion because I take responsibility in my mistakes and it's against my beliefs. Unfortunantly I'm not woman enough to put her up for an adoption.

pregnantteen14

Asked by pregnantteen14 at 6:33 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• THE BEST THING FOR THAT BABY IS YOU! NO ONE ELSE CAN BREASTFEED HER AND KNOW HER AS WELL AS HER MOMMY!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 6:34 PM on May. 15, 2009

• GET SOME HERSHEY KISSES AND GRADE A HONEY TO PERK YOU UP ! AND SUNSHINE!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 6:36 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Well being upset because of your circumstance is normal and that's okay to feel that way.

That being said, the crazy hormonal fluxes of pregnancy can cause full on clinical depression. I would talk to your doc about how you're feeling. If it is clinical, there are treatment methods that are considered safe for pregnant women.

hugs
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 6:39 PM on May. 15, 2009

• DO NOT TAKE PAXIL IT HAS BEEN LINKED TO HEART DEFECTS IN BABYS. BE CAREFIL AND AVOID ANY MEDS.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 6:43 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Well the best thing for depression is physical movement so I'd advise moving around and staying busy. Finish school or get as much in as you can before the baby gets here. Make plans for your future. (college? work? ) Decide on things like names and getting stuff together for the baby. There are plenty of places to get things free. Get on medicaid if you don't have insurance. Get on WIC so you will have good nutrition. There is SO much to do before the baby gets here! You won't have time for depression with all these things to do. My oldest dd was 13 when she got pregnant and 14 when she gave birth. She chose to keep the child and they are both older and fine and all is well. It will be fine with you as well. Don't fret. You'll get through this. Channel that negative/depressive energy toward something productive for your future. Remember now that you are a mom...You rock!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:43 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Go to a Dr and talk to him/her about how your feeling and also just know that your emotions are always out of whack when your pregnant, don't make any major decisions while your feelings are overwhelming either, take your time and don't let others make your decisions for you, yes, listen to others that you truth for advise but you have to live with YOUR decisions the rest of your life, not them!! I wish you all the best,
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 6:48 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Oh honey there is no certian age for motherhood. The depression you are feeling now is normal. Our bodies sustain another life and makes our hormones go all over the place. Be sure to let your doctor know how you are feeling. The will have ways that are safe for you and the baby. Get plenty of sunlight and light exercise. Make sure to follow a good nutrition plan and get plenty of rest. See if you can join a support group for young moms. Even keep in touch with old friends and family. And you can get on here anytime we are here. Congrats Mama
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:49 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Make those phone calls like admckinzie said, get on WIC, medicade. Focus on your plans for names, what theme do you want their bedding to be...ect. Focus on your health and education. Most colleges have great programs for childcare if you are a student at the college. It is all going to be awesome.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:56 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Anon, how dare you. OP, ignore that ignorance. Please listen to what pnwmom says.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 7:27 PM on May. 15, 2009

• www.TheWork.com

YouTube clip

Please PM me with any questions. Blessings to you!

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 7:28 PM on May. 15, 2009