is it bad to be anerexic.?

My sister told me shes gonna become an anerexic so she can lose weight because its the only thing that works.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Health

• YES...VERY BAD!!!
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 6:35 PM on May. 15, 2009

• It's not called a DISORDER because it's a good thing. It's incredibly unhealthy, and it CAN BE FATAL. People die from this disorder.
    cypris420

Answer by cypris420 at 6:35 PM on May. 15, 2009

• So what should i tell her? I told her she was gonna die like on tv but i thought she was talking about throwing up her food and she said that bulimia? and i said oh but im not exactly sure wat anerexia is all she said was not eating and she said that she would ahve control.
    Anonymous

• I think you need to have your sister talk to someone. YOU can not have control over something like that.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 6:42 PM on May. 15, 2009

• um...i think you need to take her to the hospital and get her examined. not trying to be mean or anything, but they dont call it a disorder just for the fun of it.
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 6:43 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I dont think shes doing it and maby she was just kidding i dont know we have been talking about diets alot and she told me she got some tips online i think shes planning on doing this so how can i stop her i live in a diferent country than her too. ???
    Anonymous

• Left untreated, Anorexia Nervosa causes the shut down of all vital organs. Google Karen Carpenter.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:46 PM on May. 15, 2009

• You had to ask this? It's a terrible thing to put your body through and a never-ending cycle.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:46 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Google anorexic pictures and send them ALL to her. Let her see what it will do.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:47 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I mix up the bulimia and that other names there are and i dont know what each is or what happens and i was wondering how i should handle this. Shes my sister and it worried me abit and thats why i asked now im more worried because now you are all confirming that it is a bad thing.
    Anonymous