how long are you supposed to use baby shampoo and baby wash?

when can you move from the baby soap to regular? i don't plan on switching any time soon.. cuz i love the baby wash even for myself! haha. but i was just wondering.

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 6:54 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I also love the smell of baby wash and shampoo. My son is two and I plan on using it for as long as he will let me. I expect when he's around 5-6 he will see the word "baby" on the bottle and protest. :-(
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:56 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I'd say anytime after one year. But, I am like you, there is nothing I love better than using baby soap and shampoo on a little one. I even buy it for myself sometimes.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:59 PM on May. 15, 2009

• When the kids start complaing about wanting big kid shampoo,lol
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 7:04 PM on May. 15, 2009

• My dd is 7 and still uses it for bodywash. She uses regular shampoo and conditioner though. My ds is 4 and still uses it for both. He probably always will because he has bad ezcema.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 7:29 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I think I'm going to use it for as long as possible. If only for the fact that it has the numbing agent in it, so if they get soap in their eyes it doesn't sting. I'm 28 and occasionally get soap in my eyes and it stings like heck. I can ony imagine being little and having that happen...
    BarrMama

Answer by BarrMama at 9:16 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I will use the baby wash for as long as my daughter will allow, but she has a full head of hair, so I imagine before too long I will have to switch over to reg. shampoo and conditioner.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:06 PM on May. 15, 2009

• my sons dermatologist said to use dove beauty body wash. its much more milder and safer then johnsons baby wash, who would've thought? but if you want to be on something thats mild and safe i'd switch to dove beauty body wash. my son has atopic dermatitis so thats why he requires it
    babygirl9304627

Answer by babygirl9304627 at 11:28 PM on May. 15, 2009