INSURANCE ADVICE PLEASEE

Soo Im 19 years old and unfortunatley I'm one of many americans who are stuck without health insurance. My only choice was to go down to the blvd district(welfare office another words) and apply i live in Philadelphia, PA. i met with my cao today and got some info down but im afraid i have to wait another 30 days just to see a doctor!! im already almost 13 weeks which makes me nervous out of my mind. The gov't seems to love to play games! But if anyone can share some advice or dealt with this kind of situation any information would be helpful!!

Kri5taa

Asked by Kri5taa at 7:05 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You dont' have to wait. Medicaid back pays 3 months from the application date. Go ahead and schedule.
    Anonymous

• Anon...that's exactly what I was gonna tell her! Just came from the office myself!
    Good luck & take care of urself!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 7:15 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Medicaid back pays. Try to find a doctor that will go ahead & let you see him/her till you get approved. Congrats
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:21 PM on May. 15, 2009

• sweet thanks so muchh !
    Kri5taa

Answer by Kri5taa at 7:26 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Medicaid will retro (meaning back pay) for 3 months BUT the doctor's office which you select MAY NOT (mine accepts Medicaid, but doesn't retro). So check before you make an appointment!

Just so you know, I found out I was pregnant at 13 weeks, but wasn't seen until a month ago. Medicaid LOST my paperwork the first time, and here in SC, it takes 30-45 days to be approved.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 7:41 PM on May. 15, 2009

• You shouldn't have to wait until the process everything. I use medicaid for food, insurance for my kids, and at one point also had daycare & cash assistance. I don't know you, or your complete situation but I'd look into some of these things along with WIC espcially if you don't plan to BF. Good luck, I've been in this situation (18 when I had my first son)!!!!!
    Anonymous

• When I had to apply for that insurance, the clinic that "confirms" the pregnancy for the state gave me a pregnancy test, and then gave me a temporary health card so I could make my first appointment and get my prenatals and such. IDK if it's the same in PA, but I am sure it is similar. I believe they do some kind of back pay as well. You could call around to the doctors that will accept that insurance and see what they have to say, or call the insurance.
    Anonymous

• if ur approved u can get a paper from the welfar office that gives them ur ins. info thats what i hadt to do the frist 2 times i went
    honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 10:11 PM on May. 15, 2009