If your 6 month old puppy got sick and had more than $1,500 in vet bills what would you do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Pets

• I'd pay for it. I did with my dog when I first brought him home
    Anonymous

• Im sorry but Im not to go in debt for no dog. I have my two babies to think about. I can write down a whole list of things I need right now. Sometimes you have to draw the line. Now if you are talking about a dog who has been in the family for some time I would consider it, but not for no puppy i just got. NOPE
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 7:16 PM on May. 15, 2009

• ABOUT
    diamondmamma

• My dog swallowed a rock when my son was first brought home from the hospital. I thought he was just depressed because we brought a new baby home (this happened within a week). I too him to the vet and he had to have surgery to remove this rock. Our dog was only about 7 months old. I was heartbroken because I loved this little puppy. I was able to set up payment arrangments with the vet and he did the surgery for us. I am so glad I did it b/c my son and that dog were best friends.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:17 PM on May. 15, 2009

• We had a young cat that broke his hip and needed surgery to fix it. $1,000.

We did it, but that was way before we had a child and a mortgage. Probably these days, I'd have him put to sleep.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:19 PM on May. 15, 2009

• If you contracted with the vet to get work done, and it was done, then you are obligated to pay. If it is the estimate of work to be done, then you'd have to decide whether to get it done.

Answer by Bmat at 7:19 PM on May. 15, 2009

• It depends on what the sickness is.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:25 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Just do a payment plan... I've had to do that LOTS of time with my pets.

Otherwise, they'll probably sue you & you'll owe for court costs and all that, too.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 7:27 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Well I had a cocker spaniel and paid $4000 for bowel surgery and my dogs now I have easily spent that on xrays testing whatever in one visit. And that's while having a baby. If u can't afford a pet then don't get one. Things happen and its not fair to just "put them down" at your convenience or because u can't afford it. animals are a lifetime commitment. Period. So ya I would pay it. Find a good home that will pay it if u can't.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:30 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I would pay it in a heartbeat.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 7:43 PM on May. 15, 2009