dealing with hemorrhoids during menstrual period, after starting birth control?

I wasnt sure where else to ask this at..
Ever since I gave birth to my son in december it seems like ive been passing clots vaginally with my period..
ive also noticed that i get light bleeding from behind during this time too. just yesterday i started taking the birth control pill tri nessa, and this morning the first couple of times i went to the bathroom it really looked like i was passing blood clots from behind??? i called my GI (stomach) doctor, and he said to keep taking the pill and to schedule a colonosopy. I was thinking that it may have been just from the front and called to tell them i was going to wait until Monday to see what happens, because i wasnt sure if it was just coming from the front and somehow getting back there. Whoever answered the phone said it would be ok. I dont know though im really freaking out about this.. Shouldnt they at least exam me before wanting to do a colonoscopy ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Health

• I would put a tampon in if you are on your period and then see when you wipe your bottom if there is blood. You COULD just have hemorrhoids and thats okay hun just about EVERY mommy has those after giving birth. They bleed everytime you have a bowel moment. Try not to panic as long as you are not bleeding constantly and or having any abnormal pains I believe that you will be just fine. IF you are passing CLOTS from your bottom then I would schedule the colonoscopy asap. You could have palaps..SP just little swollen bumps on the instide of your colon...no buggy unless they are purple?....but NO worries hun seriously!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:34 PM on May. 15, 2009