"Baby Talk"

When did your little ones start making sounds similar to words?
Like MaMa DaDa Baba (bottle)`

My sister's dr is concerned that her 6 month old is not yet doing this??
I think it is too early to be "worrying" but the dr wants to have a 3 hour hearing test done.

pjacademy

Asked by pjacademy at 7:34 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine did it around six months...I would go for the tests just to be on the safe side. You want to get the baby into therapy sooner then later if somehting is wrong. Babies develope differently so I'm sure everything is just fine. GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:37 PM on May. 15, 2009

• My daughter started around 5 months She sat on our laps and watched our mouths. She taught herself to lip read which has turned out to be dangerous. But my son was later. He didn't start until he was around 7 months. He never sat and was always busy. My pediatrician was a little worried since I am deaf in one ear. I told her it was not family related and it happened do to extremely high fevers at a young age. She said not to worry, and eventually he started. He does have some problems with speech, but I am working with him and he is getting better.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 8:18 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Heck most of mine said nothing until a year, they had nothing important to talk about so they didn't bother, and talk..talking..didn't happen until after 2 with the exception of one who started at 18-19 months, they are all normal and healthy and relativly smart.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 9:08 PM on May. 15, 2009

• My daughter is 10 months and says num num, yum yum, mama, dada and all kinds of other babbles. When she is hungry she says "num num" or when I get her meals ready, she starts saying num num . . it's so sweet. 6 months is a bit early to start to worry. I'm sure he is just fine.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:59 PM on May. 15, 2009