Do you have any great stories of divine intervention?

I was just thinking about some great things that have happened to me and how the ONLY explanation I have is "divine intervention". I was wondering if anyone had a great story to share.

Like my son being born a "flop baby", where they had to resesitate him and do a lot of work on him before he was breathing properly. It was amazing even at the time to have him finally lying in my arms breathing and healthy. NOW, 13 years later I'm still impressed with how "perfect" he is. Straight A student, well mannered, and completely healthy.

And like there was one day that I was driving home and it just started raining so you know how the rain sort of stays on top of the road? Well, I was approaching a stop light and I had taken my foot off the gas awhile back. But when I got closer to having to stop, when I pressed on the brake I started sliding and I almost hit the car in front of me. I screamed "Stop". And I swear it...

jenettyshome

Asked by jenettyshome at 7:56 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am usually not a smoker, but after a really stressful day I decided that I wanted to have a cigarette. Well I was the first car stopped at a red light so I reached for the pack, pulled one out and got ready to light it when the light turned green. Right as it did, I dropped the cigarette and decided to reach down and grab it before taking off... and thank God I did because a truck went screaming through the opposite red light at about 60 mi/hr. I would have been T-boned in the drivers side of the car... DEAD without a doubt. My friend who was following me almost had a heart attack watching the whole thing.

I still don't smoke, but that one day surely happened for a reason
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:43 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Felt like some force came up and stopped my car, because it literally stopped a “hair” away from the car in front of me.

I’m interested in your positive, uplifting stories. I'll be checking back later. I'm getting ready to watch a movie so play nice, folks.  )
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:56 PM on May. 15, 2009

• When I was 18, I was involved in an sutomobile accident. The vehicle I was in was t-boned by another vehicle. I was in the middle of the front seat of the car. There were two guys in the car with me (the driver was my ex-boyfriend and a mutual friend). The guy who was in the passenger seat said he looked in the back and swore there was another person in the car. This is impossible since there was a speaker box that took up the whole back seat.
    I obviously survived. It was a little sketchy at first, but I made it. I ended up with a shattered femur and a fractured pelvic bone in two places. I had to have a rod put in my femur and a screw is now in my pelvic bone, but I am alive. I thank my angels and spirit guide everyday for watching over me then.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:05 PM on May. 15, 2009

• When I was 5 months pregnant with my last child, 17 yrs. ago, a blood test came back showing that she had either spineabifida or downs syndrome, they weren't sure. They set me up to have an amneo done to check the fluid to see what exactly it was that she had. I prayed and cried for 3 days straight till I couldn't cry anymore. The night before I had to go for the test I had a dream that I was in a little chapel and Jesus put his hands on my stomach and healed my baby and the next morning when I woke up it felt like a burden was lifted off my shoulders and I knew everything was going to be alright. I had the test done and a week later the test came back normal. To this day I believe that there was divine intervention. Today she is a beautiful, healthy 17 year old.
    3down1togo

Answer by 3down1togo at 8:35 PM on May. 15, 2009

• i have so many stories it would take all day to write them down, but i can tell you this i was told all of my life that i would never have kids because my body would not be able to handle pregnancy and i would have miscarriage after miscarriage and guess what i am going to have my fifth baby in december take that doctors god has another plan for me.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 9:14 PM on May. 15, 2009

• When I was around 9 yrs old I was waiting for the bus to come and saw an injured bird on the side of the road. I begged my dad to let me nurture it back to health but he said no. He took his bible and read Matthew 6:26 and explained that the Lord cares for the birds and suggested that we pary for the bird.....so we did. I got on the bus and watched the bird as we drove off. When I got home from school the bird wasn't there. My dad sat me down and told me that after I left on the bus he sat and watched the bird out oof our bay window. He then sae a car drive up, and stop. A man got out of the car and picked up the bird and sheltered it in his coat. He got back in the car and drove off. As a child I was so happy that the Lord sent someone to care for the bird. It wasn't until I was older that I learned of the true significance of this miracle........
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 9:18 PM on May. 15, 2009

• When I was in my early 20's, I sat through my dad's Sunday school class as he shared that story with a roomful of adults. He further explained that at that time he was laid off and was waivering in his faith for the Lord to provide our needs. That answer to prayer was not just for me but for my dad as well......in fact he needed it more. The Lord reassured him with that miracle that all would be well and that He would care for us. After all, if the Lord cares enough for the birds, "are we not much more valuable than they?" Matthew 6:26
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 9:23 PM on May. 15, 2009

• typo..."pray for the bird"....man I wish we had an edit button lol!!!
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 9:24 PM on May. 15, 2009

• My bmother was a 14 year old rape victim who chose to give me life instead of having an abortion. A 14 year old carried me to term, delivered me and then requested that I be given to a Christian couple that had been waiting a very long time to adopt. My amom and adad had been trying to have a child/adopt for 9 years. Since they had waited the longest, they were the ones who were able to adopt me. The reason my bmom chose life is because she believed in God. She believed God would get her through her rough times and that God did not want her to kill her baby. The reason I have the parents I have today is not only because of her but because of their suffering. Their inability to have children as well as their Christian faith (it was a Christian adoption agency) is what made us the perfect match. I wouldn't have had the life I had, lived where I lived, met my husband or had my son if it weren't for those chain of events.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:44 PM on May. 15, 2009

• GOD had a plan for me, which is the only reason I was permitted to live against all odds. No one would have blamed her if she had chose abortion.

Jer 29:11 (NIV) "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Psalm 119:73 "Your hands made me and fashioned me; Give me understanding, that I may learn Your commandments."

Psalm 139:13 "For you formed my inmost being. You knit me together in my mother's womb."

Matthew 10:29 ""Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And {yet} not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father."
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:52 PM on May. 15, 2009