divorce question

If you got married in a different state then you are living in now, you can divorce in the state you live in right? wow this sounds like a dumb question, I hope someone understands what I am asking lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes i believe if you both live in the same state then yes i believe you can. Call your city hall and find out all the info you need to do what needs to be done.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:24 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Oh by the way that does not sound like a stupided question.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:25 PM on May. 15, 2009

• You file in the state you have lived in the for the past year.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:28 PM on May. 15, 2009

• whereever you are living right now go file in your county courthouse. if you can go through a lawyer somehow that'd be best for you. some lawfirms have lower level lawyers and legal aids who handle all sorts of legal situations than the higher ups, at a lower cost. if you and your maybe ex get along at all maybe your state offers divorce mediation, that's less costly still. Prayers for strength for you mommy!
    Anonymous

• anon 5:35 pm :

thank you for the info, thank god my cousin is a lawyer though :D lol

I dont have much ill will towards possible soon to be ex (not even 100% sure on divorce yet) he just messed up really bad (not cheating) and I am not sure if I can stay making a "life" with him.
    Anonymous

• If you have kids, and he's not abusing you, you should figure out a way to make a life with him.
    Anonymous

• anon 5:49 thank you but that is my decision to make

Anonymous