Why do people feel the only way to have fun is when you are drinking?

I don't understand the idea that the only way to go out and have fun is to get drunk out of your mind, its not needed to feel good.

Saved_by_GOD

Asked by Saved_by_GOD at 8:25 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Entertainment

• I struggle with the same question. I don't understand that either. I am not a drinker. I may drink at home but it is only a wine cooler or I make strawberry daiquiris. I hate liquor and I cannot stand beer. but my MIL has to have beer where ever she goes. even if she comes to our house, which is right next door, she has to know if we have beer in our fridge.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 8:29 PM on May. 15, 2009

• No its not but Ive noticed some people cannot unwind or relax without drinking. The difference is unwinding is just getting relaxed and not just getting tore up. Also drinking and being drunk is just like a mask. They can be the person they often "want" to be and have fun when normally they may can not.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 8:29 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I believe that those people are known as alchoholics.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:30 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I am a recovering alcoholic. Somewhere I crossed a line where it was not drinking to have fun.
    evelyngayle

Answer by evelyngayle at 10:07 PM on May. 15, 2009

• i dunno.... i gag off of cough syrup.... alcohol is yucky!
    3Grlz1AngelzMom

Answer by 3Grlz1AngelzMom at 12:59 PM on May. 16, 2009

• They are alcoholics. I have lots of fun without drinking, I have a blast watching all the idiots that are drunk doing stupid things and not remembering them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:33 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I don't think that every single one of them is a true alcoholic, perhaps they are social drinkers who are too social.
    I myslef RARLEY drink but in moderation it's ok. If your stupid drunk and around children it's not ok and I only drink in my house when I'm home for the night and not driving anywhere, my children are asleep and I don't get to the point I can't care for them in an emergency(with the exception of driving) but I always have someone on call for that too.

Some people just drink too much period. Those give themselves bad names and cause most of the problems they are drinking to escape it's sadly a hard cycle to break for some.
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 3:45 AM on May. 27, 2009