At what age should I be concerned about my daughter not being able to pronounce her R's or L's

She is 3 1/2.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would get in contact with a speech therapist my niece started with one when she was 2YO so the earlier the better.
    Anonymous

• don't worry a lot of kids have that problem. my son does and he was 3 in February. He says his r's and L's as W's. I always correct him and try to get him to say it right. but I don't get mad. If she has that problem when she gets to preK or Kindergarten then they will let her see a speech therapist. which most schools have one.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 8:38 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I believe they will put off being concerned about "r" and "l at SEVEN! I was in disbelief my daughter did not qualify for speech help with those sounds at age five.

EiEiO

Answer by EiEiO at 9:01 PM on May. 15, 2009