Computer choices

Ok I don't have a computer at home but internet on my phone. I'm looking for a laptop and not sure which is the best. My brother who likes to best always said get a apple mac. they r so expensive but I guess worth it? What do you have and or suggest. My budget is under $2000 with a good printer

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Shopping

• Apple is great if you do graphic design or engineering drawings. Apples also are very sensitive and delicate. I am a huge fan of Dell (I even have nice things to say about their Indian techincal support). I just bought a laptop for my daughter; I spent three months reaseaching, comparing, shopping etc. I was going to buy a Dell from the Dell outlet. I was in Bestbuy picking up a new cable modem, and noticed that they had Dell laptops. the same laptop that I was going to get from Dell (same software, same level of warranty, same configuration) was $300 less at Bestbuy than at Dell, and I was going to get a scatch&dent. We recently replaced our printer; I bought this at Costco. I strongly recommend that when you purchase a laptop, you purchase the level of warranty that includes accidental damage; if you kid dumps a cup of water on the machine, or your spouse knocks it off the table, it will be repaired or replaced for free.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:22 PM on May. 15, 2009

• cont.
    An external hardrive is a great investment for backing up your laptop.

• It depends hugely what you're looking for. I just got a wonderful duel core Acer Lap top for $550 that does everything I need (web browsing, gaming, word processing and has an HD DVD drive) and is still light and lap top sized (13"). You can get 15" in similar pricing as well.
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 10:07 PM on May. 15, 2009