mommybrooke....or any other mary kay lady.

You answered my mary kay question last night. From what I gathered you said you were a consultant, kind of, right?? Why aren't you really selling anything? Are you having a hard time finding customers? What's the biggest challenge in your opinion.

I'm posting anon, because I don't want THIS question showing up on my page....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I did strike up conversations w/ strangers. I also got people from church. I'm a SAHM. I would go to the parks, mall, and so on as usual. I would meet people, have conversations. If there was the right moment to bring it up I would. Not sure how to describe it. If you like how someone wears their makeup tell them, if you like someone's shade of nail polish tell them. Wear your makeup when you are running around town. There is a moment waiting to happen. Be genuine. When someone books a party make sure to do those follow up calls with their guests telling them you r excited to meet them at the facial party. You'll get much better turn outs that way. Go to your meetings they help. Great thing about Mary Kay is people already know the product and like it. You can do this if you want it. Just be real.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 10:38 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I live in a small town, that is the biggest problem for me, and there are like 100 avon reps. around here so everybody is buying avon since its cheaper.
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 8:55 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Are you thinking of becoming a mary kay consultant?
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 8:58 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Oh thanks;)

I'm thinking about it, but I just don't want to be known as that "crazy mary kay' person" and futhermore, a few of my friends are going to do it so I'm wondering who I would sell to, you know.
    Anonymous

• I know what you mean, I ended up making enough at my first party to pay the $100 to get started, so I didnt lose any money. But you have to sale at least $200 worth of product for your 1st order or you dont make any money at all. once you sale at least $200 worth of product then you will get 50% off of everything you order for the next 6 months (i believe its 6 months, maybe a year i cant remember) so once you do that then you will make a 50% profit for everything, which is pretty good. If you think you would have people who would buy then go for it.
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 9:08 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I used to sell it and then I quit. It was supper easy for me to sell. It took very little effort for me. But I didn't want to put in the effort. IThat makes me sound lazy.. But when I worked it I did very well. I think it's a great way to make some money.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:12 PM on May. 15, 2009

• It sounds like a good deal and I know I would get my starter kit money back so I don't know why I'm so apprehensive about this! Maybe I'll give it a whirl. Thanks for your help.
    Anonymous

• Did you just strike up conversations with strangers Lynette? Or did you just have a lot of people in your circle who enjoyed Mary Kay? Or maybe a little of both....
    Anonymous