husband having a night out - ok to let him crash at his friends place?

he doesnt have many nights out - neither do i. he's hanging out in the city and the busses dont run past midnight to get him back home. i told him to just take a cab ($50) home no matter how late he stays out (around 3am). i dont want him to sleep over - rather he just comes home. figure when u get married, you come home to sleep. he's no bachelor anymore. am i being too strict/unfair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Nope I completely agree with you! He's waaayyyy past the age of sleepovers.
    Anonymous

• thats not being strict or unfair. hes married now. hes supposed to be sleeping with you...not his friend! lol i would prefer my DH to come home after a night out then sleeping over at a friends house. especially if that friends is a bachelor. who knows if his friend will bring someone home with him ya know?
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 9:07 PM on May. 15, 2009

• It beats driving home drunk!
    About once a year I have slumber party with my girlfriends (we are all past 40); I can't imagine my spouse objecting.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:07 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I agree. He belongs at home. Pay the $50.

Answer by Bmat at 9:10 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I would have him spend the night I f u trust him there should be no problem.I don't think it's a good idea to get in a cab when u are intoxicated what if something bad happened most don/t see a bad situation when there not in there right mind have him stay where he will be safe and pick him up in the morning
    Anonymous

• Would he be uncomfortable with you staying out? If the answer is yes, then you shouldn't feel bad about wanting him to come home. Every couple needs time apart, but if you don't feel comfortable spending the whole night away then that's okay. Sometimes it isn't a trust issue, I like my SO home (even if it is in the wee hours of the morning) because I don't like being at home with the kids alone in case someone breaks in.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:14 PM on May. 15, 2009

• if you offer to pay the taxi fare, that would work! I'd rather see SO walk through the door, knowing he's ok. but if his friend lives really close by and maybe he's really buzzed, crashing at his friends house for just the night shouldnt be a big deal! maybe you can have him call you to let you know he's ok?!
    Anonymous

• Go pick his ass up and bring his behind home. Once you are married your "sleepover" days are over.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 9:17 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I agree wholeheartedly. Once you get married you have a wife and a home to come home to. You can go out and party til you are blue in the face but that head better hit that bed WAY before the sun comes up. Nothing wrong with going out and having a good time but making arrangements to get back home is a part of the decision to go out.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 9:18 PM on May. 15, 2009

• tell him to have sodawater instead so you're not worried. He belongs where he's woken up for the past x long to wake up there again. there's no need for him to drink to be drunk is there? I'd get him a cab so you know where your man is. it'll be a memory for the both of you, the night he cabbed home for fifty bucks to get to his wife!!!
    Anonymous