i need info on fighting for custody in a ugly divorce, Help!

have a lawyer, but i'm up a brick wall, i need advice

tina625

Asked by tina625 at 9:06 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• more info....
    brandnew744

Answer by brandnew744 at 9:07 PM on May. 15, 2009

• can you get a phone conference with lawyer at no or less cost for you to feel better? I'm not divorced I'm wobbling on the brink of filing. I know from friends that it takes for eeeeeeeever to go through. i know there are divorce and also separation groups here on cm in groups. if your lawyer has associates can you another lawyer's opinion?
    Anonymous

• If your worried about getting custody, I wouldnt, unless you did something really bad on record. When I was fighting for my son my attourney told me that the only way that my ex would get custody is if I walked into the courtroom with a needle sticking out of my arm.
    Anonymous

• what kind of info could we give you that your attorney can't?

Answer by admckenzie at 10:33 PM on May. 15, 2009

• give me some more info im really good at stuff like this
    Anonymous

• my husband has been controlling, verbally abusive to me and my three boys. over the past four years. he has been physically abusive to the children, i tried to get counciling but he refused to go, i went and got strong enough to leave. the prob.i filled for divorce and met someone . in south carolina there r adultry laws. because i'm technically still married.. he's trying to get custody of my boys, he's the adoptive father. he wants to hurt me. he filled an emergency hearing, lied onffadavits, i had proof but the judge gave him temp. full custody. got dss involved, they couldnt do anything, i have temp. custody of one and fighting for the other. my attorny dosnt think i'll get him. i dont understand, i dont do drugs and not a alcoholic. i just need some one who can tell me how to fight this.
    tina625

Answer by tina625 at 2:16 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I don't know what to tell you because I don't think we are getting the full story. Adultery is not grounds for taking a mother's children away. Now if she was being a slut that would be different.
    I would get another attorney, one who isn't so negative about your chances. Also, I do think you need to look at your own behavior and see what is going on with you that makes your present attorney doubt your ability to get custody.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 6:25 PM on May. 18, 2009