"Shut girl, shut your lips do the Hellen Keller and talk with your hips"

Not very many things offend me, but I think this song is horrible. Well, it actually has a catchy tune, but that line is really offensive. Do you agree? My husband tells me to lighten up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was shocked when I heard it the first time, but it is a catchy song and I have heard worse.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 9:44 PM on May. 15, 2009

• i agree......although it does have a goo beat to it
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:12 PM on May. 15, 2009

• i love that song
    angel_megan

Answer by angel_megan at 9:14 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I heard that song the other day and thought "WTF?" And as far as I know, I have never heard of Hellen Keller talking with her hips. Yes, I find very offensive.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:15 PM on May. 15, 2009

• It is totally offensive. Helen Keller was a brilliant woman who conquered two disabilities in a time when most disabled people were put away in mental institutions. Furthermore, it implies that the disabled are not worth anything other than sex!

My only question is this, is your husband normally this insensitive? Or is he just ignorant of who Helen Keller was.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:15 PM on May. 15, 2009

• its rude. it shouldnt be offensive to you, but i do think he's being immature thinking its humorous. Even if Helen herself could hear that, she'd be offended.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 9:16 PM on May. 15, 2009

• yes, i love this song but i think that line is VERY offensive
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 9:17 PM on May. 15, 2009

• No my husband is not insensitive, he just believes it's a song and a song is a song, I guess.
    Anonymous

• Whatever. It's kinda funny. Never heard of the song though. I'll have to look it up.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 9:37 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I don't know what song you're talking about, but it sounds very offensive. Helen Keller's story to be amazing!
    Anonymous