Do you think people who drive large trucks and SUVs, which contribute more sulfur dioxides to the atmosphere, should pay a usage tax?

His_Mommy26

Asked by His_Mommy26 at 9:18 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Health

• No
    Anonymous

• me and my SUV say NO! thank you very much!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 9:30 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I drive an SUV, but it is a hybrid. Which doesn't mean it doesn't pollute at all, it does do it less however. But I somewhat think they should.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 9:32 PM on May. 15, 2009

• no they allready have to pay more in gas
    and some of theese people have large families which is the reason for the large car
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:17 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Yes. Yeah, they pay more in gas because they drive gas hogs! They should pay taxes to help fix some of the damage they're doing! There are three families with Hummers at my son's school. Two of them are driven by "soccer moms". They are always spotless and probably not used for much more than toting a shit load of shopping bags. The other belongs to some meat head who probably needs such a big vehicle to make up for what he's lacking below the belt. I give all of them dirty looks every time I see them. I think they are disgusting and have seriously thought about keying them, flattening their tires or putting bumber stickers on them that say something like 'I hate the earth'... Hmm.

It's one thing to need a big vehicle for work or because you have a large family, but to drive a Hummer in suburbia because you think it makes you look cool is just retarded (<-- and I don't use that word much)!
    Anonymous

• Oh and I was asking for class. I've done the homework but that was last week's discussion question. Thanks ladies.
    His_Mommy26

Answer by His_Mommy26 at 12:02 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Yes.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:56 AM on May. 16, 2009