My marriage is...opposite

Ok, so all of the books and magazines, tv shows, radio shows say men sit and watch tv at night, don't want to be bothered, talk...That's ME. My husband fits more of the submissive role in a way. He won't initiate sex because (I guess) he is tired of being shot down or he gets the signals I am giving him.

I avoid him at all costs :(

What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• You should find a way to fall back in love, and if there's still no desire (for anyone) then you need to see a dr because your hormones are out of whack. If you desire other men but not him, then you need to talk to him and see if there's a way to fall back in love again. If not, then like the others say, out of fairness to him you need to let him go so he can find someone who will fullfill all of his needs (wants is a whole other thing).
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:12 AM on May. 16, 2009

• first,..figure out why you avoid him..do you know?
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 9:23 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I think some of it is maybe anger from him having us move all the time. Also, I am not attracted to him, so I dont want to give him the idea I want to...And too, sometimes he irritates the hell out of me. Right now, surprisingly we are getting along ok but there is virtually NO romance.
    Anonymous

• stop avoiding him and initiate it if thats what you want.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:26 PM on May. 15, 2009

• hmm,.well we only have ONE life,.are you going to stay married to a man that you arent attracted to,.that irritates you,etc? why not try and make it work,.couples counseling maybe??IDK i dont really do the whole other person telling me about my relationship thing,..soo i would talk to him..do you want to make it work? if so,.try talking about what bothers you to him,.and try to make a romantic night together,..imagine how that must make him feel:( having the woman that choose him all of a sudden not wanting anything to do with him..
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 9:27 PM on May. 15, 2009

• no, ladies, I don't want anything like that, I am not attracted to him. But I know he wants to be closer physically.
    Anonymous

• You need to move out, get a divorce, and let your husband find someone who loves him.
    Anonymous

• okay,.i think you need to let him know that..its not fair to him..i think that he deserves to know that the woman who choose him is not attracted to him anymore..and honestly..you need to tell him! if you arent ever going to be attracted to him,.and dont want to try..then you two need to move on.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 9:33 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Tell him the truth and move on girl.Go out and find someone els.He has the right to find someone.The day my husband is not attracted to me I would want him to tell me so I could have some fun.Seriously leave him alone and stop leading him on.If you are not attracted to him then you already know the answer so why ask?Do you not think it is a dumb question you are asking.
    Anonymous

• You either need to work on your relationship with him or let him go.
    Anonymous