What would you do if you found out your DD was raped?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on May. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• I was raped when I was 14, fortunately (unfortunately?) I wasnt a virgin. I didnt tell my parents, only my best friend knew. He was a boy that I liked, but I didnt know well. I dont know if I would have felt differently if it would have been a stranger, I felt pretty bad as it was. If it happened to my DD I would talk to her and make sure she knew it wasnt her fault, and let her make the decision on what to do after that. It woulds depend on the circumstance, if it was a stranger and we needed DNA to convict thim, or someone I could seek revenge on my own.
    5isenoughforme

Answer by 5isenoughforme at 11:59 PM on May. 15, 2009

• First I'd talk to her, let her tell me as much as she wanted to about what happened to her, tell her it was NOT her fault. Then make a dr's appointment. Get her into to counseling. Always be available if she needs to talk or express any feelings. I"m so sorry if this did happen to your dd.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:23 PM on May. 15, 2009

• find the rapist and kill him, talk to her and let her know theres nothing to be ashamed of and to not blame herself, get her a dr. appt. immediately, get her into counseling, basically what robinann said
    Anonymous

• Talk to her. Call the police. It will not be easy, but it needs to be done ASAP.
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 9:29 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Take her to the ER and get her examed and they will call the police and have a report filed. Get her in counseling asap, it is not her fault, etc.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:44 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Have her examined by a doctor, and call the police to meet you there. Noone should get away with rape...EVER...
    Just be there for her and let her know that it's "safe" to talk to you. She may not be ready yet, but hopefully if you're patient and loving, she'll soon open up to you. She may feel you're angry with her, or she may feel "dirty." Let her know that she did absolutely nothing wrong. Tell her that Nothing is her fault and that you love her regardless of what happened. Let her know that you'll be there no matter what....counseling would be great for her too, but she may not open up to a counselor yet either. It could take some time, so it's your job to be patient with her and seek justice for her......BE HER SAFE PLACE TO FALL ....God Bless
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 9:54 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Do not in any way ever indicate that you think that she may be at fault, that she did something wrong, or anything. I don't care if she took off her clothes, and changed her mind at the last minute, or even mid act. When she says no, that means no. Too many victims blame themselves.

If it was recent, get her to the hospital, file reports, etc. If it happened a long time ago, still consider it. Offer her support in any way you can.
    Anonymous

• I'd be in jail for murder.
    Anonymous

• Take her to the emergency room, file a police report, get her professional counseling, let her know how much I love her and that she is funny and beautiful and smart and that what happened to her was in no way her fault. The only think that would keep me from killing the bastard would be that I know I needed to be with her to help her through.
    EricaG87

Answer by EricaG87 at 10:31 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I would KILL them!
    Anonymous