My midwife tolded me I'm 60 % effaced...

what does that mean exactly?? But not dialeted. This sucks my baby was down in my pelvis and came back up, what are the odds and now i'm rocking myself to help baby get back in there. Any advice on these two questions??? Please and Thank You.

Leilany1019

Asked by Leilany1019 at 9:19 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • That means that your cervix has "thinned out". It may mean that when you do start to dialate it will be faster and easier. Baby can go up and down a lot, don't worry, baby will go back down and come out!!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:29 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Being effaced means that you're thinning out down there. It's a good thing. Dialation shouldn't be far behind, and watch for you to lose your mucous plug. That's a sign that things are coming along. The mucus plug is just a little bloody, mucusy discharge.
    Walk, walk, walk....as much as you can. This really does help speed things along too. It also helps during the delivery.
    I understand how you feel. With my second, I was in labor for 23 hours , but never dialated more than 4. I was completely effaced and then my cervix started closing back up. The doctors had 2 choices...send me home to wait it out, or do an emergency C-section. I went for number 2. Twenty three hours of labor was enough for me. lol.....
    Good luck and God Bless
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 9:33 PM on May. 15, 2009

• maggiemom2000...thank you and i hope it goes back my due date is 7 days ...may 22 and i want the baby out. Lighthousemom3 yeah i hope it happens fast and soon, I had a c-section with my first to but my doctor didnt wait to see if my body responsed he just said c-section and since i didnt know any better i took it but not this time ....Thank you both !!
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 9:59 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I'm sending you good vibes that you will have a successful VBAC!!! I had a c-sect. with my first and a VBAC with my second (definitely the way to go!)
    Hang in there, you are in the home stretch, and it sounds like your body is doing its job!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:12 AM on May. 16, 2009