South of Atlanta - want to find OB who will truly support VBA2C attempt!

Long story, but to try and be brief, my OB insisted on inducing my first delivery, but the Pit didn't work & we ran out of time for their 24 hr infection risk window & they did C-Sec. I later resented being put in that position. For my 2nd delivery, a diff doc "supported" trying a VBAC, but scared me with risks & did so much messing around with Pit again & monitors & such, that my baby got an excited heart rate & they did another C-Sec. This is not at all how I wanted things to go & I can't get over my resentment & anxiety over the future. We want a third, but I dread another C-Sec - the pain, the recovery, the separation from my newborn, the lack of control & participation - all that. I desperately want to find a provider that will truly support a natural attempt. I want to do this on MY body's timeline, not the hospital's artificial one. Any recommendations or resources?

phroggtrapp

Asked by phroggtrapp at 9:20 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just don't go to the hospital when you go in labor!
    Anonymous

• Whoever said not to go to the hosiptal is crazy. There ARE serious risks. That is why most doctors are not willing to do VBAC. The key to VBAC is contstant monitoring your labor. This is important for you and the baby. In many states, the doctors are required to be in the hospital (within 5 minutes) of the patient. That is why they don't like doing them. Look for a doctor that is supportive of VBACs early on in your pregnancy and talk to them about your concerns. If you do have another c-section, ask if your baby can stay with you. Many hospitals have warmers in the OR that allow mom and baby to stay together. This is common is CA. Tell the nurses you DON"T want to be seperated. Good luck. Remember, be safe for both of you.
    Anonymous

• I go to the OB GYN of atlanta. I'm not sure if they do vbac but they are ABSOLUTLY wonderful!! The whole staff is wonderful. Plus they deliver out of Northside and that hospital is amazing to there mommies to be.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:58 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I used a doula service called Labor of Love. They obviously aren't OB/GYN's, but they know all of the pro-natural childbirth OB/GYN's in the area. They might be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck!
    crazydogchick

Answer by crazydogchick at 11:03 PM on May. 15, 2009