What else can I do? Sore throat/Ear question.

I am just getting over a sore throat but now one side of my throat hurts and most of my inner ear what the heck is going on????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Health

• It may have gone to infection. If you have a fever or if the pain persists maybe you should get it checked? I'd gargle with warm salt water. My latest find is a Netipot- they come with premeasured packets of salt and baking soda that you mix in the pot with warm water, bend over the sink, and pour the solution into one nostril, letting it run out of the other nostril. It cleans out the nasal passages and some of the sinuses. You can get about the same effect, though, but making your own salt solution, non-iodized salt is recommended, and sniff it up and spit it out into the sink, gargling with some if the solution.

Answer by Bmat at 9:38 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Did you have a strep test? Have someone look in your throat with a flashlight; if there are white spots, get to a doctor.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:39 PM on May. 15, 2009

• My son has strep right now........just back from the doctor!!! It is going around.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:46 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Try taking an OTC allergy pill, it could be seasonal allergies, a sinus infection or an ear infection.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:53 PM on May. 15, 2009

• go to the doc
    could be strep and or ear infection
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:10 PM on May. 15, 2009

• could be a gland infected. My grandmother, mother, sister and I swear by putting Vick's salve on our neck and wrapping it with a sock and sleeping like that overnight. Only once did that not work and that was bc it was too far along with the infection to help.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:13 PM on May. 15, 2009

• strep throat/swollen glands....go to the Dr
    ShortMommytobe

Answer by ShortMommytobe at 10:51 PM on May. 15, 2009