*Can any one tall me EVERYTHING about back labor? How it feels in the beginning??

momma2b060509

Asked by momma2b060509 at 9:43 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Good lord, almighty. Worst pain ever. It felt, at first, like I was getting a muscle cramp in my back, but as the night, morning, afternoon, wore on....worst pain ever! I didn't take meds...are you going to? I highly recommend medication!
    divakristi

Answer by divakristi at 9:48 PM on May. 15, 2009

• nope, cuz everyone is different
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:06 PM on May. 15, 2009

• it will come and go like normal contractions so youll know when your having it...and im told its intense
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:11 PM on May. 15, 2009

• but like mommymeg03 said..everyones different
    hug4akiss

• MIne felt like I was getting bad direhhea cramps then it went away, then they started to get closer & closer , come then 10 min later again then I knew time to go to the hospital!!
    Anonymous

• As others said, it's different for everybody as far as where and how much. Like labor in general, it's hard to describe it - you have to experience it to really understand. I know I hated it when people told me that so I'll share my experience to try to give you some idea. For me, it started as a dull backache, then as time went on it felt like a really intense B-H contraction but instead of being in my belly, it was in my spine. More in the center of my body than my back. And it hurt like crazy, I won't lie. However, I was planning a natural childbirth, so I was prepared for it. My husband made fists, placed them on either side of my spine where it hurt, and pressed in as hard as he could (counterpressure). It really helped make it bearable. A warm bath helped, too.
    crazydogchick

Answer by crazydogchick at 11:00 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Everyone's labor pains may feel differently, and different women have different pain tolerances. I had back labor, but it didn't set in until I was in hard labor. Just felt like one big muscle cramp in my lower back.
    It's definately painful, but I went through my labor completely med-free, and LOVED the experience. Yea, it hurts like hell, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. I have a pretty high pain-tolerance, and I was one determined woman when it came to giving birth naturally. AND I DID!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:07 PM on May. 15, 2009

• It's an extremely strong pressure in your back that starts out light but then progresses to more and more intense just like normal contraction pain.

If you are experiencing back labor I highly recommend you sit on the toilet, a birthing ball, etc. to help baby get into the facing back position. The most common reason for back labor is that the baby is facing your abomen instead of your back. The pressure from the baby being in the wrong position can cause the contractions to be felt in the back instead of the front.

If you ever had menstrual cramping in your back that almost feels like you have to go to the bathroom this will feel very similar except it will come and go.
    Anonymous

• I remember my back labor pain like it was yesterday.The pain started in my lower back and stayed their.It was like a knife poking me .Every poke was deeper and deeper.The pain would lift me off the bed! I didnt know what it was.After reaching the hospital I found out it was back labor and I had a long way to go.Then I sill went in labor for 36 hours.Good luck and I;ll pray this doesnt happen to you.
    ccthatsme

Answer by ccthatsme at 10:57 AM on May. 16, 2009