IS IT NORMAL TO FEEL SO LONELY AFTER HAVING A BABY?

MY BABY WAS BORN ON MAY 6TH AND EVER SINCE MONDAY I HAVE FELT SO LONELY IS THIS NORMAL?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lonliness is normal for all of us sometimes honey. (hugs) I am sorry you are sad, could it be post partum baby blues? I am online for a little bit if you need a friend ;o).
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:48 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I felt like that too! Fortunately, mine was just the baby blues and went away after about a month. Some people suffer from PPD, though. You should talk to a Dr. so he/she is aware of your feelings.
    Good luck
    Anonymous

• Yes, I felt that way, too. It was weird because I was always with the baby! They call it the baby blues, but if it gets too bad, talk to someone. IT's an emotional roller coaster!
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 9:55 PM on May. 15, 2009

• It is normal in the aspect that alot of women experience it... I agree with the previous poster, you should probably have a quick talk with your doctor... that way if it worsens you can go in for some meds to tame it down. You will feel better though, I think most of us on here went through it... and we're just fine now.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 9:56 PM on May. 15, 2009

• oh yeah i felt the same way. baby blues are no fun. but it does get better. i love love love having a fam now and i would never change it for anything
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 9:57 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Yes, that happened to me too. I would cry when dh left for work. I hated being alone. My daughter insisted on always being held and cried a lot, so that made it even worse. It only lasted about a month and then I started to feel like myself again. I know it's hard, but you'll get through it. Best wishes!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:01 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I felt HORRIBLE! I would cry and scream and just almost want to die. I was too ashamed to go to the doctor and so I didn't. Luckily it cleared up shortly after.

I think most blues do clear up. If you do constantly feel alone, and it doesn't seem to be getting better or going away, I would definitely call someone. You shouldn't have to suffer.

I hope you do feel better! You are in such an exciting part of your life!
    Anonymous

• You probably have the baby blues, which is normal, because your body is going through a major hormonal adjustment and a huge shift in your body. If it continues much longer or gets worse, you might have post-partum depression. Baby blues aren't supposed to last much longer than a week or so. Starting at 5 days PP, I would just sit in the bathroom and cry, not knowing what was wrong, or why I was mad/sad, but I just was. It eventually turned into PPD for me, and didn't go away for 4 months. It is something you definitely need anti-depressants for. I would actually go ahead and call your OB for an evaluation since it has already been 10 days. You may need meds. But don't worry, it will go away with time. Some in a couple months, some for a year. But it WILL get better!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:25 AM on May. 16, 2009

• We've used it....it doesn't seem to be any different from any other lube. But check out the bottles....little toys!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Its perfectly normal. And its also perfectly normal for friends and family to assume you want yout time with the baby. So call them and be honest. Say you could use a bit of company and set some visits up with friends. Also, the hospital you delivered at might have a new mommy group that you can go to, call them and ask. Good luck!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 1:36 AM on May. 16, 2009