Has anyone started a new career that they truly love...

I am working in a job that I don't have passion for. It is stressful and right now I am appeciate that I have a job but it's not what I want to do. Has anyone worked in the corporate world and left to follow their heart and do what they love.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• I spent way too many years in the corporate world. I am now doing freelance bookkeeping and business administration, mostly for startups. I also do career and job search coaching. if you would like to "chat", feel free to contact me directly.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:03 PM on May. 15, 2009

• i worked as teacher in daycare
    now im a peds nurse and i LOVE it
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:03 PM on May. 15, 2009

• well I am young so I didnt work anywhere else for very young but the reason for that is because i didnt want to regret not doing what I loved. I am currently a professional photographer and business owner. :) Find what you love and JUST DO IT...its really hard and you might have to flip burgers or have a corporate job to help pay for your dream but in the end it is so wonderful to be proud of what YOU do and who you are. GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:07 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I have 3 businesses that I love! But I don't think that's really what you meant. But it's true. I was never one for "listening" very much so I don't usually fit well in to the "corporate" scene. But when I'm my only boss, I do great. Now my only problem is I want to work them all full time, and there just aren't enough hours in a day... :)

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:49 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I been in the corporate world working for other people for years and I got tired of it because it was stressful now I work at home and Iam enjoying every bit of it so I know what your going through.
    Mandy1974

Answer by Mandy1974 at 12:35 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I gave up a fulltime job. I woke up one morning and said I'm going to stay at home with my son, I'm going to pay off my debt, I'm just going to! I did too. I'm a Unit Leader for Avon and host Usborne Books and More Book Fairs. I make good money and absolutely love what I do. I just wish I'd done it sooner! You can pm me for details! I'd love to hear from you!
    www.youravon.com/dhullum
    www.ubah.com/u2688
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:28 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I work part time from home and earn enough to really make a difference in my budget. It's not quite income replacement, but if I had to I could probably survive on this income alone. I don't have to buy or sell anything, no investment, no crazy pyramid schemes. If you have been curious about a part time work at home job, you should read this: http://freewebs.com/free2workathome

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:22 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Yes! Hi! My name is Kim. I'm a Manager with Gold Canyon. I spent years working as an accountant in the business world. Then, when I had my girls 16 weeks early, I couldn't go back to work right away. I wanted to find something that I loved and that I could set my own hours with. That was key for me. At first I fell back into what I knew and did some part time bookkeeping, but two years ago I found Gold Canyon and it's been a great fit for me. I love having my own business and the freedom that comes with it. I'd love to chat with you about it and see if it could work for you too. In the month of may, you can get your kit for free. Just PM me and I can message with you and/or send you some info. Hope to hear from you! ~Kim
    justkima

Answer by justkima at 10:12 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I left a job as a Financial Advisor with MetLife to play games. I joined a company called SimplyFun that sells board games, puzzles and other items to get friends and families to play together. The company motto is, "Play...it's about life!" I love that. I am home with my kids and do as much or as little as I want with the business. There are no sales quotas to stay active, so it's great for me. You can find a direct sales company for just about any passion. I am glad I left corporate America.
    TrekkieMom

Answer by TrekkieMom at 1:47 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I help relationships and educate women doing in home intimacy parties. Our Company, Pure Romance was started by a mother of 4 in her own basement over 16 yr ago. You can read up more on everything at jennamilander.pureromance.com or message me. I make about $500 a week just doing two parties a weekend.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 11:03 PM on May. 19, 2009