This question is for women who shave thier ahem vaginas.

Three questions

How do you make it smooth with no bumps?
What do you do for the itch?
and What kind of razor do you use?

Just curious cause I want to go bear down there for the summer and I have never shaved my vagina before.

violaswamp

Asked by violaswamp at 10:15 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was gonna say the same thing as Ash9274, and also ajguinn, I usually wax tho, its so much easier, no bumps, no stubble after a couple days (it stays smooth for about 2 weeks) but it is painful! Lol also, I when I don't wax I just use a venus razor (the green one) lol and a lot of shaving cream!
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 10:36 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I use cheap razors (probably most women don't do this), but make sure you use A LOT of shaving cream. To not have bumps, shave down and not up against the hair, that's what causes bumps. The first time I did it though, I put nair on firs and let it sit, then wiped it off with a warm wash cloth before I shaved, so you might want to try the nair. GL!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:17 PM on May. 15, 2009

• eew... even my 11 year old shave down there.
    Anonymous

• They make special razors for down there. It hurts with a normal razor, but those things work wonders! You get over the itch the more you shave and there are creams out there for the bumps. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• some women just get the bumps, they are ingrown hairs and razor burn. I would start with a new razor with at least 4 blades. Then soak in a tub for a little bit before shaving, go in the direction of the hair, then when you get out use a creme made specifically for the bikini area to help with the razor burn.ingrown hairs. The itch is from it growing back and the only way to stop that is keep shaving. I hate that part so I get waxed instead. Its painful but works better than shaving imo.
    Anonymous

• any razor
    there is no bumps if you use saving cream
    it only itches when its grown back, shave it again
    loose the bush
    Anonymous

• The trick to getting it as smooth as possible is to go against the hair...like shave upwards towards your head instead of down towards your legs. It took awhile for me to be able to completely hold the razor upwards because it would hurt and was irritated the first few weeks I started shaving. So every time I would shave I would slowly start turning the razor to face more upwards against the hair. Now I can completely go up and it doesn't hurt or get irritated. As for the itch, use some non-scented lotion.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:19 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Why do grown women want to look like little girls?

Anonymous

• There is an awesome product at wal-mart called bikini zone. It is just for that area and it works. Also, I think it's noxima that makes bikini area razors. I use a regular razor, but I'm thinking about getting some of those myself.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:22 PM on May. 15, 2009

• oh hell no! not like little girls ...hair stink, hair under your legs stink
    and if you dont shave you stink. ANON:20
    Anonymous