if you thought you out daughter was pregnant

and was against abortion be dont want her future wrecked. would you have her get one. she would be going to college in fall

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• you could always push back college until she can give bitrh and give the child up for adoption. But my main problem with this is; why isnt she choosing instaed of you? isnt it her choice?
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 10:29 PM on May. 15, 2009

• NO, never. It is not my decision...it is hers and i would support her 100%
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 10:30 PM on May. 15, 2009

• No. First of all it isnt your decision its hers. Second, having a child doesnt mean her future is wrecked, she can still go to college.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:35 PM on May. 15, 2009

• no..im 17 got pregnant at 16 (due any day now) and my dad is anti abortion to..he totally supported my decision to to keep my baby girl because in the end it is mine or in this case her decision. She can ALWAYS go to school while pregnant so theres no reaason to stop going or to wait...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:37 PM on May. 15, 2009

• It is not your choice, it is her choice.
    I would ask her what she and her sex-partner discussed before they began this relationship.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:38 PM on May. 15, 2009

• and if she wants to keep it DO NOT try to push her into an abortion or adoption cuz thats not your decision it hers and shell hate you for saying that!
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:38 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I would suggest termination to her. And point out all the reasons why. Almost 80 percent of unmarried teen mothers receive welfare, at an annual cost to the US government of more than $8 million. The report also finds that dropouts "are twice as likely as high school graduates to slip into poverty from one year to the next."
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 10:43 PM on May. 15, 2009

• She should decide what SHE wants to do since SHE is the one who will have to live with her decision...not you. I always try and discourage people from getting abortions because although it might seem like the easy way out now, many people find that it makes their lives harder in the long run because of the guilt the feel. Not everyone, but many. So in the least, I would hope you would try and steer her away from aborting this baby but ultimately it is her decision. Consider adoption and keeping her baby as options. It is not going to ruin her life if she keeps the baby. College is much more flexible and convient to those who have children nowadays. She can always take classes online and there are always classes she can find with a time schedule that agrees with hers. And there are many people out there who want a child and cannot have them so please don't forget about adoption. Let her make the choice though.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:44 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I agree with the majority here. You should let her decide and then if you still want her to go to college, you could offer to babysit. You are going to be a Grandmother. A little earlier than you thought, but embrace it. This is her baby. Her future won't be wrecked. She is bringing a precious baby into the world. That is the biggest accomplishment she will ever achieve. Not saying that going to college isn't a big accomplishment but weren't you thrilled to find out you were pregnant with your daughter? Don't push her into any decisions. If she can get help and support from friends and family like I did, she will be able to go to college. She will have to learn how to manage her life.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:53 PM on May. 15, 2009

• First, it is her decision so I would help her get all the information I could find (and a counselor to help if need be) on all of the choices. Second this is not 1950- being a pregnant teenager is not going to wreck her future! She can still go to college, it will just be a different experience than if she did it without a child. And if she is going to college in the fall then I assune she is close to 18, not like 13, so she is old enough to get a job, an apartment and take care of her child.

goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:22 AM on May. 16, 2009