is it true that if you have heartburn while pregnant that means your baby will have hair?

tamitha117

Asked by tamitha117 at 11:11 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Actually...."NEWS FLASH" everyone. In a new book I just bought on pregnancy, old wives tales were discussed. Doctors actually studied them and evaluated them and though most proved to be false, ONE actually proved to have some factual basis. Doctors say that there actually IS a correlation between heartburn and your baby having a lot of hair.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:39 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Nope. Just an old wives tale.
    My cousin had horrible heartburn when she was pregnant with her son, and he was bald til he was two or three.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 11:13 PM on May. 15, 2009

• It's an old wives tale that actually has some truth to it. Studies have shown that women with heartburn do tend to have babies with more hair. There are always exceptions, but if you have heartburn your chances are better for a baby with hair!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:15 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I wish it was true cause I have HORRIBLE HORRIBLE heartburn. Haha just an old wive's tale. Heartburn has nothing to do with how much hair a baby will have.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:15 PM on May. 15, 2009

• It's an old wives tale.

I had HORRIBLE heart burn with my daughter and she did have a head full of hair but that was just a Kawinkidink.
    Anonymous

• no i never had heartburn and my baby came out with all kinds of hair!
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 11:17 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Nope- had it all the time, and she was born bald!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 11:17 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I asked this same question a week or so ago and got a lot of good answers...if you dont mind looking back a few pages youll find it its titled "heartburn and hair?" but in short if you dont want to read it no, heartburn does not necessarily equal hair!
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 11:19 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I always thought it was if you have heartburn really bad then your baby would be bald, ( Like the heartburn burned the hair off the baby?) or something to that effect lol. I guess I was wrong! But No, i had heartburn after I ate or drank ANYTHING, and My DS came out with gorgeous hair!
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 11:22 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I had heartburn with all 4 pregnancies. All 4 kiddos has lots of black hair!
    DeannaR4

Answer by DeannaR4 at 11:43 PM on May. 15, 2009