Has anyone used or use enfamil polyvisol vitamin drops for their infant?

i've been wanting to get my 21 month old on a vitamin and was gonna get flinstone vitamins but saw enfamil had a liquid vitamin drops for infants and toddlers. so i decided to get that, it smells horrible but if its a multivitamin that is good for him then i can't really complain. has anyone used this for their ds or dh and if so up until what age? when can i start the flinstone vitamins, the only kind i could get would be the gummies but dont know if he's ready.

babygirl9304627

Asked by babygirl9304627 at 11:25 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sorry i meant ds or dd
    babygirl9304627

Answer by babygirl9304627 at 11:32 PM on May. 15, 2009

• We give our 2 year old polyvisol w/iron everyday in a sippy cup with water. I believe he's been taking it since he was 18 months. My pediatrician recommended it for the iron and the vitamin d.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 11:33 PM on May. 15, 2009

• We give out two-year-old Poly-Vi-Sol as well and have been giving it to him for quite some time. My doctor said she prefers it over the gummy vitamins, which are bad because they stick to the kids' teeth like candy and are difficult to brush off. She did say to make sure to brush our son's teeth after we give the Poly-vi-sol, so we give it to him at night just before teeth-brushing time. (She's married to a pediatric dentist, so I trust her judgment.)
    Butterfly872

Answer by Butterfly872 at 11:41 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Get the genaric brand, it tastes better
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on May. 16, 2009

• No, because besides d, the vitamins are all commonly found in toddler's favorite foods. Vitamin D isn't found in any food, naturally, and you have to get in the sun to get it. We choose to give our two vitamin d drops that ONLY have vitamin d. I am deficient, and since i am outside with them, we decided to not take a chance on them. As far as iron, we feed iron rich foods, and I have my kid's iron tested every six months. Never had a problem.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:15 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I used it for my dd from infancy(hers was a prescription with fluoride added because she was breastfed), then at 18 months I gave her the chewables. She liked them!

It's true about needing to brush the teeth with the liquid. Anyway, she is grown now and has beautiful teeth.
    Snowcorgi

Answer by Snowcorgi at 9:35 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I seen it and been thinkin about it myself
    Firsttimemom252

Answer by Firsttimemom252 at 10:05 AM on May. 16, 2009