anyone know how long you have to pay when you win on ebay?

i haven't used ebay since 2002 and my paypal wont work - i dont even know what happens if i cant pay - argh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Shopping

• get your paypal account straightened out asap or open a new one and become verified. I honestly pisses me off when people bid on an item and wait days and days to pay. Yes you do have I beileve 7 days to pay according to ebay to pay but I know Im only able to ship on MOn and Wed and I HATE sitting on an item for days on end waiting for people to pay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on May. 16, 2009

• i'm trying to get my account verified but it says it takes 2-3 days to get the pin on my account statement - I'm not trying to be an ass - I intend to pay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on May. 16, 2009

• What did you buy?
    zianneaaliyah

Answer by zianneaaliyah at 1:16 AM on May. 16, 2009

• You need to contact the seller immediately and let that person know what is going on. The time that you have to pay is at the discretion of the seller.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:50 AM on May. 16, 2009

• You know that you can pay with an e-check or a credit card, right? If you have a bank acct, an e-check is just your routing number. Go look at your payment options on the item you won. It should be listed. If you don't know your routing number, you can call your bank and get it.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:22 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Contact the seller, things happen, I am sure they will be understanding.
    AJmum

Answer by AJmum at 9:01 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Email the seller ASAP. Usually they will set the time for the payment. Most sellers will listen if you are having problems. They want to keep your sale. Good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 2:49 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Typically, the seller will list the number of days that you have to pay after winning the auction. I would, like others have said, contact the seller and ask them how they would prefer that you pay since the paypal account will not work.

As for the 1st anon poster, if you do not like sitting on items that have been won on an auction and you have listed any form of payment other than paypal as an accepted form of payment...then you really have no reason to get upset. If you do not like waiting, then list paypal as the only accepted form of payment on your auctions and if you still can not get over that then you need to find a new source for selling your items.
    SusanD

Answer by SusanD at 4:48 AM on May. 17, 2009