Food?

My L:O is 10 1/2 mos. She is not doing finger foods yet unless they are large like a ritz cracker or graham cracker. I am running out of ideas for breakfast. She will eat chunks of stuff and chew them. I have exhausted all of my fruit options and I want her to experience more things for breakfast. Are cheerios a good idea? What else do you other Mommy's suggest.

coala

Asked by coala at 11:46 PM on May. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Cheerios are a good idea!! They are pretty easy for LO's to grasp, and they are not hard to chew up. They have so many things out now for babies to eat, I walked down the baby isle the other day, and I said where did all these new things come from?? There wasn't that much to choose from 3 years ago when I needed it. LOL. I saw those baby Mum Mum's, yogurt melts, organic cookies, organic crackers (both sesame street) Then they have the Gerber Fruit or Veggie Puffs, the Lil' Crunchies...I even made toast at that age for my DD, but she had a lot of teeth!!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 11:51 PM on May. 15, 2009

• We only have 2 bottom teeth. Thanks for the suggestions.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:52 PM on May. 15, 2009

• my son is 10 months, he has 2 teeth. we do fruits, steamed vegetables, we grind meats for him, pancakes, stuff like that. he loves cheerios as well.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 1:15 AM on May. 16, 2009

• babies dont have to have teeth to be able to chew food. my baby never ate mush-he wont even open his mouth for a spoon, lucky for me i decided on baby led weaning anyway, and has always been perfectly capable of eating the finger food i give him steamed veg, pancakes, and fruit is what i usually give him for breakfast
    katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 2:11 AM on May. 16, 2009