Do you look down on them?

Do you look down on people who buy their babies/children cheap stuff? Like the off brand diapers, the off brand formula/bottle liners/ toddler snacks / wipes ..ect?

lynnseyfaye

Asked by lynnseyfaye at 12:09 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Shopping

• Nope, I do it all the time. The only diapers I used were White Cloud. I love Walmart brand wipes and formula. Why in the world would I spend $25 on a can of Enfamil when I can get a bigger can of Walmart brand for $12? I still buy the wipes even though all my kids are potty trained. There are so many other things too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on May. 16, 2009

• no - i've found that store brand items are often better than the national brand
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on May. 16, 2009

• No way! In today's economy, lot of folks cant afford the name brand stuff. And FYI - most "brand name" items are made by other companies who also make the off brand items.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 12:12 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Nope
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on May. 16, 2009

• no i was raised on the off brands. my mom didnt have the money to get us the name brands and we were just as happy
    rkm0731

Answer by rkm0731 at 12:14 AM on May. 16, 2009

• No way, no way no way! The whole world needs to get less shallow.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 12:14 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I personally go to wal mart and buy the " Parent choice " brand Bottle liners, and the toddler snacks, they're the exact same quality as the name brand! I buy whatever I can in the off brand, the only thing I make myself splurge on is diapers, for some reason I want him to be comfy all the time, and the parents choice diapers feel so papery I feel like I'm torturing him, is anyone else like that?
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 12:14 AM on May. 16, 2009

• WOW..FOR SOMEONE TO LOOK DOWN ON SOMEONE FOR THAT REASON SOUNDS PRETTY SHALLOW TO ME! HONESTLY..I TEND TO BUY BRAND NAME STUFF...BUT IF I FIND THE OTHER WORKS JUST AS WELL..I'LL CONTINUE TO USE IT REGARDLESS OF WHAT PEOPLE THINK OR SAY!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I buy store brands more often that not so no I don't look down on people that do. But I don't think badly of people that buy name brand either.

A lot of times I get store brand groceries as well, and when I see someone with a cart load of name brand products I tease my husband that maybe one day we can do that, when he gets promoted. He always tells me that when he gets promoted I"m going to STILL be buying the cheaper because its just as good... and he's getting a motorcycle.

I hope that doesn't offend anyone... its not meant as an insult at all.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 12:16 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I agree ANON. I just see a lot of people give me dirty looks when Im in the store buying the off brand! I read Parents magazine that it's illegal for the Off brands to make their products any less better than the name brand! So I see nothing wrong with it.
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 12:18 AM on May. 16, 2009