???PLEASE....HELP??? 14yr son POOPS all over and Doesn't remember!!

write this in desparate need for help for our 14 yr old son!! I'm hoping that one of you mom's out there has experience or some light on this or ANY suggestions in our crisis (well it is to us anyway)!

In the past 8months or so our 14yr son has first pooped in a cup, in his bed and in all over the bathroom and all he tell us, is that he 'doesn't know why, it's like I spaced out, I dont' remember'!

when he pooped in a cup and hid it... for days we ran around 'trying' to find 'where the smell' was coming from while he obviously KNEW where and what it was he calmly sat on the sofa watching us, etc. when I found it I totally freaked out thinking 'oh my gosh' this isNOT normal' we took him to counseling and no help there....he told her he didn't know why he did it and he was sorry. He cleaned it up, put in in the toilet where it belongs and had to throw away the cup! We grounded him from our family activity for the we

KimberlyRae

Asked by KimberlyRae at 12:41 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Kids' Health

• for the weekend...of fishing.

then again, a couple months after my husband hand makes him a teenager loft bed and computer station bought him a brand new costco mattress. just one day, I go in there and the 'poop' smell Again...he said he didn't know where it was coming from...I openned the window thinking maybe a fart or whatever, but when I came past his room again there the smell was again from under the door. I investigated and found him laying in a HUGE Pool of slimey 'poop'!!!!!

this was at night about 10pm after he had gone to bed...I was in total SHOCK at what I saw. He was naked sleeping in this!! longstory short we came to the conclusion he slept through it! since he said he couldn't remember anything. of course, he cleaned up and we helped with the bedding and mattress...etc....we made him an appointment with CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL they said he needed a sleep study which is scheduled in July........THEN...
    KimberlyRae

Answer by KimberlyRae at 12:42 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Maybe you should try a differnt doctor for a second opinion...or go see a nurologist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on May. 16, 2009

• then TODAY....at 4pm he asked if he could take a shower. Well, even though this seemed a lil out of the ordinary I said yes because he' s had a cold and I thought it would help him feel better.
    not more then under 10 mins I smelled a fowl order and tracked it from my studio which is a hallway away from the boys bathroom and called out to him about it and he said he was going to the bathroom....I knew he was NOT on the toilet because I could hear him moving around. I asked him what he was doing and he ASKED me IF he could flush...by this time my husband (his dad) was out in the hallway with me (the door locked) he's blowing a gasket, I'm beyond belief.
    Husband went to get a screwdriver to open the door and he flused the toilet. it was all downhill from there the dad goes nuts at what he saw....I couldn't believe my eyes and the smell was outrageous!! Poop was all over the toilet, all over the floor, all over the bathtu
    KimberlyRae

Answer by KimberlyRae at 12:45 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I'm sure they have specialists for this kind of thing. Call his pediatrician and ask for a specialist.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:48 AM on May. 16, 2009

• It doesn't sound like it's his fault, he doesn't realize what he is doing. You shoud really go see a different doctor, it sounds nurological or emotional. Somethings happened and you really need to find out what has happened to your son!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Wow, that is odd. Does he have an eating disorder? Like, does he take laxatives? It's definately not normal. I agree, get a second opinion.
    Anonymous

• It doesn't sound like an eating disorder, he wouldn't be smearing it all over the place if it was. He would be hiding it so you wouldn't even know. I think he's going through something and he needs you and his father to be supportive and try your hardest to find out whatever it is that happened to you son as soon as possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I have to agree with

• Answered at 10:51 PM on May. 15, 2009 by: Anonymous
      Anonymous

It doesn't sound like it's his fault, he doesn't realize what he is doing. You shoud really go see a different doctor, it sounds nurological or emotional. Somethings happened and you really need to find out what has happened to your son!

kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 1:01 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Something is seriously wrong with your son. I would stop punishing him and making him feel bad/guilty about pooping. This is not a normal behavior for a 14 year old! It has to be something related to his health or even mental well-being. Maybe something happened to him that totally traumazized him? Or there's some serious underlying health issue. I would be taking him to the emergency department and demand that they admit him and find out what is going on. Or at least go to his doctor and demand that someone helps him as soon as possible. This has to be humiliating and mentally scarring for him. Poor thing.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 1:02 AM on May. 16, 2009

• It does not sound like an eating disorder related behavior. If he was abusing laxitives, he would have made sure his butt was on the toilet.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 1:03 AM on May. 16, 2009