Did you.....

breastfeed your baby/babies? Why or why not?

I'm currently pregnant and have every intention of breastfeeding my baby, but I'm curious about some other the other moms on here.

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 12:43 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think BF is a wonderful experience. But it was way more work and a lot harder than I had ever imagined. But totaly worth it. I suggest try it and see if it works for you. I did for just over 6 months(with some supplementing) and sooo glad I did. Sometimes I miss it. But everyone and every situation is different so be prepared "just in case" Have some formula, bottles, and a pump on hand before delivery. If you need it, you'll be glad you have it. I was.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:55 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I breastfed for 8 weeks, then I had to go back to work. =(
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:44 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I breastfed all three of mine and both my dd's breastfed their children. It just gives kids a good start in life imo

Answer by admckenzie at 12:44 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Ok...this is gonna sound stupid most likely...but what does DD stand for, lol? And DH? I've seen that a lot too. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:49 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I am still trying to breastfeed, she started sleeping all night and I don't make much anymore..I think it is important to do so I keep trying!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 12:49 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I did and I was amazed at how easy it was for me. Everything went really well and she even used a bottle right away with my pumped milk and didn't have a problem. When she was 7 months, I was feeding her a bed-time feeding and she was screaming! I luckily had some formula to supplement, because nothing was coming out! It was fine one day and nothing, dry, the next. I wasn't ready to let go, but she took to formula fine and we were both happy!
    BritlovesAva

Answer by BritlovesAva at 12:51 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I started to, but had to immediately stop due to medical conditions. If I could do it all over again, I would.
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 12:53 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I tried to for 3 days. He wasn't latching well and he ended up with jaundice and in the hospital for 3 days so I pumped for 3 days. After all that my body was in so much stress that I just ended up switching to formula after 1 week. I really wanted to breastfeed so badly but I was glad he got to have some over none.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:57 AM on May. 16, 2009

• i did not get to BF my daughter. NICU + mastitis+ no suck reflex, didn't end well. my son is weaning himself at 10 months, i am so glad i got to this time. it's way easier than washing bottles, preparing formula, heating it in the middle of the night. it's easier, natural and more comfortable. it was when he was tiny, to have something so readily available to comfort him. he had bad reflux and it was the olny thing that would quiet him
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 1:12 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I nursed my DS (Darling Son) for 6 months & my DD (Darling Daughter) for a year. I would have gone longer with her as she was my last baby but she quit cold turkey on me (talk about pain--8 feedings a day to nothing just like that). I nursed my son because I felt it was best for him & plus, we were broke, lol. I just loved the experiece & being close to him. I wanted that same experience with my daughter so I nursed her as well. Oh, to answer the other post, DH is Darling Husband.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 1:33 AM on May. 16, 2009