Is it normal to see light bleeding at 26 weeks of being pregnant?

This is my first time being pregnant, and the first time I saw a little bit of bleeding. I just noticed today is it normal, I think I should go in to see the doctor tomorrow

artistmom929

Asked by artistmom929 at 1:07 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Bleeding during pregnancy, at any time, is not normal. Go see your Dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Ya, it's never normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Have you had sex? You do need to call you dr, but I did bleed after sex with my second child, you still do need to call your dr
    rockinmomof2boy

Answer by rockinmomof2boy at 1:13 AM on May. 16, 2009

• no i haven't had sex
    artistmom929

Answer by artistmom929 at 1:16 AM on May. 16, 2009

• No hunny you need to go to the ER are u in any pain??? Dark discharge can happen if you have a yeast infection or something like that. Even then you should contact your doctor immediatly. And yes you could bleed a little bit after sex like rockinmom said, but if you having like a light period you need medical attention.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 1:25 AM on May. 16, 2009

• call your dr & go to the er
    rockinmomof2boy

Answer by rockinmomof2boy at 1:34 AM on May. 16, 2009

• WOW, these ladies are scaring me. I bled a couple of times throughout my pregnancy and each time I called my Dr right away and was seen that day or the next. Everything was fine and I was told by several Dr's that slight bleeding is normal due to the amout of blood, tissue, mucus and so on that we have while we are pregnant combined with the pressure of the fetus causes some to discharge...totaly normal. Most women do not even notice it because it is usually such a small amount. Call your Dr. and get checked and talk to her about your fears and she will explain it to you.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 2:19 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Whats normal for one womans pregnancy isn't normal for another. Deffinetly if your worried you should see a doctor. Right away. ER if its too late at night. My mother in law had an almost period like bleeding when she was pregnant with my brother in law. For me bleeding isn't normal and didn't end well for me. But I was early on only 5 or 6 weeks when I found out my bleeding was from a tubal pregnancy.
    jennifer8585

Answer by jennifer8585 at 5:31 AM on May. 16, 2009