Casual or Dressy???

so I am going out to a movie with a friend from HS but it's not a date (persay)... so should I wear jeans and tshirt... or jeans and a dressy top or what??? I am totally a jeans & tshirt kinda girl. I do like him but I dont wanna appear desperate or show off too much...
I am a single mommy and I need to maintain that image. Not wearing Mommy Jeans & turtlenecks but I wanna appear my aage. (I am 23). I think some of the clothes for woman are skanky and not appropriate. UGH!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would say jeans & a slightly dressy top. You don't want to be totally out of your comfort zone but you also want to let this guy know that he is important to you & that you made some sort of effort, not just throwing on whatever you were able to grab. There are plenty of cute, sexy jeans & tops out there that are very stylish & appropriate for moms of any ages. Have fun!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 1:20 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Thats a tough one, I struggle with trying to look like a respectful mom but not too much older than my age also. (I am 21.) I think jeans and a dressy top is great for any occasion...just make sure the top isn't revealing. (Flowy maybe but one that doesn't show off the girls and is long enough)
    Just remember that you are going to a movie so you dont want to "dress up" really. If he invites you out to a nice dinner, then it would be appropriate.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:23 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I would wear blue jeans and a business button up shirt like a white. Unbutton a few top buttons and wear a pretty color tank underneath like a pink or yellow something bright that says your age. Your can roll the collard button up shirt's sleeves up quarter sleeve, wear a nice necklace to match the whole outfit, something playful not uptight...GL have fun
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:28 AM on May. 16, 2009

• with a black high heel boot....or a pretty neutral sandal with a heel
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:29 AM on May. 16, 2009

• thanks ladies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I would wear dark jeans a cute top and some strappy heels.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 2:08 PM on May. 16, 2009