whats better and less painful a laser hernia suregery or a regular hernia surgery? because my dr. told me to choose and I don't know which one:(

I've had a appendix laser removal and after the surgery it didn't hurt but with hernia I dont know if it'll be the same since there putting me a mesh inside my body:( but the dr. wants to do me a regular hernia surgery but i'm thinking cause its easier for him, what do u think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Health

• did you ask the doctor what's the difference, the pros and cons of each? I didnt know you could repair a hernia with laser surgery. I have a hernia and Im afraid to have surgery. How does the laser surgery work
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 3:03 PM on May. 16, 2009

• theres a video on youtube just type laproscopic hernia surgery
    bettyboob83

Answer by bettyboob83 at 5:05 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Laprascopic surgery doesn't involve lasers. It is just smaller incisions and they uses little cameras and tools to assist in the surgery. So you would have several small incisions instead of one big one. Usually, Laprascopic surgery has a faster healing time since the incision is smaller. I don't think they can repair hernias or remove an appendix with a laser.
    Anonymous

• First, you need to find out what your insurance will cover.
    Then, you need to set up an appointment for a consult with your physician so that he can explain both procedures to you in order for you to make a decision.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:55 AM on May. 19, 2009